Sunday, March 11, 2007

Calgon take me away!

Well, we haven't moved yet. Or rather I haven't moved us yet... And of all weekends to get the flu, I chose this one. I feel like I have been run over by a bus and I spent all of yesterday in the bathroom. To top it off DH had the urge to ask me about the to-do list he made on Thursday night to enquire if I had done it all yet. UGH I think the man has a death wish.

I guess what urks me the most is that he only does things related to his work, and he has this bizarre tendency to complicate things. So, he takes twice as long to get his work done since he goes about it in such a weird way. Sometimes this saves his behind, to be honest... Because he does everything like three times and has double and triple back-ups for everything. But mostly, I think he is making his job harder than it is. Now the weird thing in all of this? He hasn't done billing in so long that we have money out all over the place. Now why be all anal retentive about the parts of the job that don't bring you money to the point where you don't get the parts that do finished? I wish I had an answer.

So I have my to do list which includes some really impossible things (DH is always playing lets make a deal with everyone and lately sends me to do all the work, which I hate) and I have this house to move. I don't know if I will ever get it all done. I have to sell two cars and 14 church pews, get a conditional use (city permit) for our new property, move an old trailer we have (or convince them to break their no rentals rule), and get a handy man to start on the trailer we are living in so I can sell it. Who knows how huge a bill and a headache all this will be. Can you say OVERWHELMED? This man needs an assistant, not a wife.

All of this really messes with my head to tell you the truth. We are like rats on a wheel... He thinks we are investing and getting ahead, I think we are getting ourselves in too deep with all these complicated things. But this is from a woman who has been running a store for almost three years and hardly ever seeing any real profit from it, so I guess I am biased. And I guess I am irritated that all these new things are all about me. I am the one who has to do all the work for all these new projects. I don't really want to work more than I do. Insha'Allah it will all work out and we will see some money from this and DH can stop with the work he is doing and get a teaching job or something. And maybe I can actually be at home once in awhile...

3 comments:

Surviving said...

Ugh!! Sounds like you are going through a lot right now. I think you need and deserve a lot more than just Calgon, lol. I wish there was something I could do to help you out!

Imaan On Ice said...

MashaAllah aleki really!

//Imaan

nuh ibn zbigniew gondek said...

As salaam alaikum,

I am a Canadian Muslim writer. The focus of my work is short fiction, essays, articles and poetry for a Muslim audience. Recently I wrote a poem entitled A Poem in Solidarity about a Palestinian mother and her child who are both in an Israeli military prison.

This poem has become a rally point for both Manal and Nour's cause (www.addameer.org).

The poem can be found here:

http://nuhgondek.blogspot.com/2007/03/poem-in-solidarity.html

Wa salaama,

nuh ibn zbigniew gondek al kitab