Saturday, February 11, 2006

No one tells you...

When you are a mom, suddenly taking a trip becomes a chore rather than something to look forward to. I would love to say that I am looking forward to next week's trip... But mostly I am stressing the details instead. Looking for hotels, helping DH get the things done for his business, trying to get the house in order, trying to make the plans of when to leave and where to stop on the way... Basically stressing being gone for 2 weeks.

I don't deny that I will have fun once we hit the road... But right now I would rather just stay home!

3 comments:

Um Nour/Hollie Moore said...

Assalm alykom:

I know exactly what you mean. I have four children and we travel sometimes for vacation or business trips with my husband. These business trips are usually for the weekend and less than a 3 hour drive in the car. I have been so disenchanted with going with my husband lately. I have declined going because the work envolved in packing and planning and organizing the house. Then, when you come back there is unpacking it all, and laundering it. Is it worth it? It sounds like more work than it is fun. Well you made me laugh with this one. Thanks so much.

Um Nour

Anonymous said...

Have fun on the trip (and try to stay sane!).

Roving Soul said...

my 1st time here :)

haf a good trip!