Since I am currently nursing a toddler, I thought I might do a post about extended breastfeeding... Then I thought there are many great places on the web to read about it....Kelly Mom, LLL... So I will settle for this short list. And I hope if you are nursing a toddler you will proudly answer YES I AM! the next time someone asks you if you are still(insert surprised and annoyed voice here) nursing.
5. Toddlers will usually nurse less frequently than infants. In other words you won't be nursing every 2 hours if you have a toddler!LOL
4. There are many times that nursing is the only thing between mothers of nursing toddlers and insanity. Ahh yes, the power of oxytocin!
3. Other people might think you are slightly insane. Oh yeah, you probably already know that one...
2. Toddlers are still getting many benefits from nursing, emotional as well as physical. Three cheers for mommy's antibodies, yeah!
1. In many parts of the world nursing past the first year is (gasp!) NORMAL, and the World Health Organisation actually RECOMMENDS it.
Two Comics that go together…from 2008
2 weeks ago