Sunday, April 19, 2009

getting to know your local ER

There isn't a mom out there who hasn't taken their child to the ER at least once. If you have four you just multiply that... So I know the local ER pretty well, and they know me. I am sitting there right now because it looks like DS#2 has chicken-pox. Lovely right? See, I knew I shouldn't have let the public health nurse guilt me into the vaccine!LOL

But what I really want to say is a little alhamdulilah.

Alhamdulilah I live in a place where the state makes sure kids can afford to go to the ER even if their parents don't have a job with insurance.

Alhamdulilah I am here for something simple and totally treatable.

Alhamdulilah for how long it has been since DH was the one I was here with (masha'allah).

Alhamdulilah I live in a time and place where a minor childhood illness is not life threatening.

Anyway, alhamdulilah.

3 comments:

Jaz said...

well alhamdulillah!
I've always wondered what the case would be in a country where the nearest hospital isn't always the safest one..

The Cairo Wife said...

Subhannah Allah...I was talking to a friend about hospitals here yesterday. It's scary here in Egypt. Not sure I trust any hospital here like I did in the USA. Of course who really knows I guess but the outward signs here of chaos--and the fact I have diagnosed better than the doctors here---I just keep praying to Allah I dont get majorly sick. Trying to put all my faith in Qadr Allah, I wont die when or where other than as Allah has written for me.

Unknown said...

Alhamdulileh. MashaAllah, these are important things to remember. I hope your little guy feels better soon!!