Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My kingdom for a garage!

So it has been freezing here in WY for the last few days. No, I mean like below zero with wind-chill freezing. And what have I been coveting? A garage. What I wouldn't give to park my van inside and load the kids inside and not have to run out into the blistering cold to retrieve something I forgot in the car.

As it stands I have been running out with kids bundled in as many layers as I can muster starting with thermals and ending with coats with a special fleece inner coat. All of which takes about 15-20 minutes to do every time I leave the house. What do people who live in Alaska do? I am ready for a warmer place any time now.

1 comment:

Surviving said...

This is one of the reasons I haven't been going out much lately. It just takes too long to get everyone ready. I have been scheduling appts. when my husband will be home so that I can leave whoever doesn't need to go at home.

I hate being outside with the cold and the wind.