Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A funny from Masr...

Mubarak was on his death bed and by his side was his closest advisor, Ahmed. As Mubaruak was slipping in and out of consciousness he carried on a conversation with Ahmed about his final wishes...

He says, "Ahmed, we have talked about it many times... But tell me what will you do with my presidency when I pass on?"

"Sir, don't worry. As you wish your presidency will pass to your son Gamal!!! Rest now sir, it will be as you have planned."

Mubaruk sleeps and wakes again asking desperately; "Ahmed, Ahmed!!! And what will happen to the Egyptian people after I pass?"

"Don't worry sir, those ungrateful Egyptians will eat rocks after you die!!!"

Mubarak sleeps and then wakes again with one last desperate question: "Ahmed, Ahmed!!! What about my younger son? Do you remember my plans for him?"

"Of course sir, of course. He will get the exclusive contracts to sell the rocks!!!"

NYUK NYUK NYUK.... Well, I though it was funny anyway;)

2 comments:

Mona Zenhom said...

Haahahaha! Good translating!

Molly said...

An oldy but a goody:

Hosni goes to a primary school, and during the Q&A session a kid raises his hand and says:
"Hi, my name is Rami and I have four questions:
1- Why have you been President for the past 25 years?
2- How come you don't have a Deputy?
3- Why do your agents control everything in the country?
4- Why is the country's economic situation so lousy and you haven't done anything?

And just as Hosni was about to answer, the recess bell rang.

After the kids returned from recess, another one raised his hand and said:

"Hi, my name is Tamer and I have 6 questions:
1- Why have you been President for the past 25 years?
2- How come you don't have a Deputy?
3- Why do your agents control everything in the country?
4- Why is the country's economic situation so lousy and you haven't done anything?
5- How come the recess bell rang half an hour early?
6- Where did my friend Rami go?

A new one I heard:

Pres: "Ahmed, tell me honestly - who's better, me or Gamal Abdel Nasser?
Ahmed: You, of course, Mr. President! Abdel Nasser feared the Russians - and you don't!
Pres: Hmm. So, who's better, me or Anwar El Sadat?
Ahmed: You, of course, Mr. President! Sadat feared the Americans - and you don't!
Pres: Good. Now, who's better - me or Omar Ibn El Khattab? (second Calife of Islam, a truly great man)
Ahmed: You, of course, Mr. President! Omar Ibn El Khattab feared God.. and you don't.


Another one I recently heart:

A guy is stuck in traffic in Cairo, and suddenly someone knocks on the car's window:
- They kidnapped the Pres! And they're asking for a 10 billion dollars ransom, otherwise they'll soak him in gas and burn him... So we're gathering donations.
- And how much do people donate on average?
- 5 to 10 litres of gas.

ps- I totally stole the new ones from The Traveller Within.