Saturday, April 26, 2008
Randomness from DH being gone...
DH being gone has given me the opportunity to do some random things around the house...
1) Clean out the fridge, freezer and dry goods. I have been cooking from what I have stored in the house for the past week. The only thing I bought is milk. This would never fly with DH because anything that isn't a dish he knows done in the way he likes gets labeled an "invention" and complained about extensively. Also, anything not cooked in portions large enough to feed an army is frowned upon because DH hates not having as much of a dish as everyone wants (he grew up fighting over the last bit of certain foods with his siblings).
2) Go through all the clothes in the house and donated bags without having to argue about whether or not we should save them to take to Egypt.
3) Just sit with the kids and finish going through old toys and things in their room.
4) Switch the baby to a toddler bed.
5) Stay up late and watch movies DH would never agree to watch.
6) Re-pot every plant in the house.
7) Clean out the sandbox (you have to replace the sand in our plastic sandbox every spring because it starts to smell).
8) Use the washer and dryer without having to worry about sharing (DH like to do his own laundry... Not that he folds it he leaves the joy of that to me):P
9) Never have to ask "Do you mind if we ____ today?".
10) Sleep on his side of the bed with the TV remote and the control of the lights all to myself!!! **evil laugh**
Seriously, I miss him... But I don't. He can be a pretty demanding person and even though he left me with a serious to do list I am doing it on my own time. So it's kinda easier. And I can skip all the extra steps he like to take in doing things without him ever knowing. It just goes to show that our life will be easier when he has a job that doesn't involve me!LOL
Oh, and an aside... I am going to have time to sew, which means all the people I promised those gifts to a month ago will actually get them in the coming week!LOL You know who you are;)