Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Henna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
So, I did henna yesterday, and this is a picture this morning. The cool thing is I only left the paste on for about an hour (I usually wrap it and leave it on for the entire night). And this is not the maximum darkening; it will continue to get darker for the rest of the day. Anyway, cool new recipe, especially since I like to do the kids and they never leave it on for more than an hour. Nothing artificial, just the right essential oils.

3 comments:

camilla said...

i am interested in henna paiting too...that looks really nice. :-)

Miss Two said...

Salaams... recipe please! I'd like to introduce Henna to PR. I haven't done it since I left DC.... wow, been a minute.

peace
Twennytwo

UmmLayla said...

Alaikum Asalamu,
The recipe is easy. I found it on a website by Catherine Cartwright Jones.

http://sphosting.com/reverndbunny/siriusmiracle.html

Check it out. Be sure to post your results if you try it!

BTW, the stain did get even darker yesterday even in areas on my DD where i thought it had not taken.