Friday, July 29, 2005

UmmZaynab Rocks!

UmmZaynab has written a really great post about Sexuality and Breastfeeding and Sexuality After Motherhood once again proving that any subject can be approached and discussed with the proper adhab.

I think there are several topics that are in the article are important to all the women and men in the community. I really think some of what she said about deviant and selfish behavior in regards to sex can lead to a break down of the whole thing and remove the barakah from intimacy.

As for the BFing and sexuality… It is a hot topic if anyone is ever bold enough to bring it up in a group of mothers. There is no doubt that motherhood changes things in a marriage, but opening up about it can help it all go more smoothly. I’m not saying share intimate details about your marriage (that would be bad) but lets talk about these changes in a general sense.

The info about oxytocin really explains a lot, subhan’Allah!

There have been so many times that I want to tell a new mom these things, and I don’t know how to broach the subject without seeming crazy. I remember the first time I talked about it to a group of moms and I just breathed a sigh of relief. “Alhamdulilah, I am not the only one dealing with this!” I thought.

Anyway, way to go UmmZaynab. Maybe you and I can get together and do a frank talk about motherhood for Islamic centers around the US;) I’ll cover common myths about fertility, conception and childbirth. Hmmm, would we be too “radical”?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam!
I really wanna read it but the link doesn't work sister!

UmmZaynab said...

Looks like Umm Layla's HTML got messed up. The link is:

Sexuality and Breastfeeding and Sexuality After Motherhood

LOL we would so be "too radical" I bet. And we're not even.

UmmLayla said...

Grrr, you are right! Blogger does that sometimes and I don't know why! Go to Islamic Parenting on the sidebar for now.

UmmLayla said...

Thanks UmmZaynab!!!