Sunday, July 17, 2005

Time may change me, But I can't change time

Today I put away the diapers… They reside in the closet next to my slings, which now also never get used. *Sniff sniff*

I guess I am happy, my youngest is now 2 ½, and it is time for him to be out of diapers and such. But, this is the first time in 6 years that we haven’t had a baby in the house. No diapers, no slings, no nurslings. It’s sad for me in some way because I am so used to having a little one around. Now my “baby” isn’t really a baby at all.

I know DH is a little nervous about this status… He knows that it won’t be long before I seek to remedy it, even if it is not a conscious decision to do so. Seriously, I find myself lovin’ on babies of friends more than usual these days. Allah help me when school starts this fall(for so many reasons, but that is another post in itself)!

2 comments:

The DP said...

awwww macha Allah
babies.

the only thing that stirs my maternal instinct is the smell of a baby who has just had a bath and gotten baby lotion and powder. then i want ten kids. other than that zilch. Nice Husband is worried.

Anonymous said...

My youngest is 1 1/2 and i too started feeling like i want another baby again. this happens whenever i hold a newborn, subhanAllah. But i want to wait another year inshaAllah to have a small break.